Premises at the Beginning of the Twentieth Century
The first relational contact was established with the Union, the French insurance company, a pioneer in its establishment in the middle east region.
Representation of a Union receipt dated back to 1905, This year marked the initiation of the cooperation between M. Marius Hanemoglou and the Union.
This period saw an active participation of the company in the constitution of the first syndicate representing insurers in Lebanon. This union evoluted in 1971 into the ACAL (Association of the insurance companies in Lebanon).
Inauguration at Wardieh (Hamra) of the locals of the Union (of Paris) of Insurance Companies, featuring the presence of President Lecas and two of his deputies, who came from Paris specially for the occasion.
Creation of SLF- Société Libano-Francaise d’Assurances et de Réassurances, a local insurance company, in association with the UAP- Union des Assurances de Paris. Privileged relations were established with the group throughout the years. A relation based on mutual trust was established between the men and women behind these operations, who maintained an uninterrupted presence of the company in the market, even during the worst days of the civil war.
SLF takes control of the company by acquiring all UAP’s shares. The company becomes the property of Roger Nasnas (CEO) and his associates Maurice Hanemoglou and Elie Nasnas (capital of LBP 10.050.000.000 fully paid).
UAP merges with AXA. This « Merge of the century » creates one of the world’s greatest groups in insurance and assets under management.
AXA and SLF sign a partnership contrat to better promote their insurance activities in Lebanon and the region.
Creation of AXA MIDDLE EAST whereby AXA group acquires 51% of SLF’ capital and the Nasnas & Hanemoglou’s Group the remaining 49%. The chairmanship of this new company is entrusted to Roger Nasnas and the General management to Maurice Hanemoglou and Elie Nasnas.
AXA MIDDLE EAST is a Lebanese market leader in insurance. It accompanies its clients: answering their insurance, prevention and heritage transmission needs.